As part of the AT&T family, BellSouth employment provides a competitive and comprehensive benefits package created to offer protection, security and value.
BellSouth and AT&T
With BellSouth's merger with AT&T, today the organization is part of one of the biggest telecommunications companies in the world. Products and services offered include:
- High speed Internet access
- Advanced IP and networking solutions
- Home entertainment
- Local and long distance telephne service
AT & T is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates who are qualified are given full and fair consideration for employment. This means that applicants and those hired for Bellsouth employment positions are protected from unlawful discrimination and harassment on the basis of:
- National origin
- Sexual orientation
- Gender identity
- Marital status
- Citizenship status
- Veteran status
- Any other category protected by applicable law
College Recruiting Programs
If you're a college student, BellSouth offers a number of college recruiting programs including:
- General internships
- Leadership development
- Summer management
- Financial leadership
- Sales apprenticeships
If your job search schedule is such that you can't attend one of these recruiting events, BellSouth offers an online solution. Register at Management Opportunities and it opens the door for you to provide details regarding the kind of position you hope to find. This step not only makes it easier for you to search available positions, but it also allows BellSouth to locate you when there is a job vacancy that might be the right fit for you. When a job opening comes up that matches your career interests, you'll be notified you by email.
Occupational Recruiting Events
Check out the schedule for BellSouth occupational recruiting events, too. Again, if there isn't an event in your vicinity, you can use the e-Recruiting tool. Register with Occupation Opportunities to enter pertinent details to help identify your career choices. You can browse through available jobs and when an opportunity opens up that matches your interests, you will be contacted you by email.
Some of the benefits offered by BellSouth provide coverage for when the unexpected happens and you can't work. These include:
- Short-Term Disability: Coverage provides for pay replacement for at least 52 weeks that is equal to 50 percent or 100 percent of your pay (based on length of service). This benefit is paid if you cannot work due to illness or injury. You must complete six months of service to be eligible for short-term disability.
- Long-Term Disability: This benefit offers pay replacement after short-term disability runs out. This benefit is equal to 50 percent of your pay.
- Life Insurance: This benefit doesn't cost you a thing and provides important protection for your family.
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance: Free to employees, this benefit pays one times your pay.
- Universal Plus Life Insurance Coverage: This coverage lets you purchase up to eight times your pay separate from BellSouth's Life Insurance. Although you have to pay for this coverage, it presents benefits for spouses and children, accidental death, a cash accumulation option and accelerated benefits.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: Not that anyone wants to think long-term care will be needed, but this coverage provides benefits for you or your eligible family members who require long-term care in a nursing home, your own home or an adult day care center. While this is available to BellSouth employees, they must pay the full cost of the premium.
Employment Opportunities with BellSouth
You can learn more about BellSouth employment opportunities at BellSouth's Jobs and Information Vault or visit the following job listings:
- Occupational and Hourly
- Call Center Sales
- Customer Service
- U-verse Technician
- Professional and Management
- College Recruiting
- Corporate Management
- Information Technology
- Video Distribution
- Wireless Division
- Customer Service
- Retail Sales
BellSouth Employment TestingBellSouth and AT&T offer study guides and a test matrix for BellSouth employment testing. These guides are intended to present job candidates with a practical idea of what to expect when testing. Using these online resources helps job candidates to see how they should prepare for the test. The test matrix is easy to use with job titles listed in alphabetical order along with test requirements that match each job. This tool allows job candidates to select relevant study guides and to review the test matrices.