You'll need to fill out a Subway job application if you're interested in working in one of the stores or at the company's corporate headquarters. Because each store is an independently owned and operated franchise, the process of applying to work at a restaurant is different from applying for a job with the company's corporate office.
Applying to Work at a Subway Restaurant
There are many employment opportunities at local Subway restaurants. Subway restaurants are franchises, which means that they are independently owned and operated. Each owner hires staff members for his or her own stores directly. However, you can submit an online application via the My Subway Career website.
Learn how to ace your interviews!
Discover the secrets to success - preparation, answering tough questions, and making the best first impression.
The steps necessary to apply online for store employment are:
- Go to MySubwayCareer.com
- Click on "Apply Today"
- Enter a zip code in the area where you want to work.
- Review the specific locations the system identifies.
- Choose the stores where you want to apply by clicking the on-screen box.
- Follow the prompts to fill out your employment application.
Some Subway stores may also accept paper applications in person. If you prefer to apply in this manner, contact the stores you want to be considered for and find out if paper applications are accepted. However, you should keep in mind that the online process is the only way to submit a single application to multiple stores. If you opt to submit a paper form and you want to apply with multiple stores, you'll have to do separate forms for each of them.
Several different positions are available in Subway restaurants, including:
- Multi-Unit Manager
- Assistant Manager
- Shift Manager
- Senior Sandwich Artist
- Sandwich Artist
You can learn what's involved in each job when you visit the My Subway Careers website.
Information Needed to Apply
You'll need to provide the following information to complete an application to work in a Subway restaurant:
- Full name
- Street address
- Telephone numbers (home and cell)
- Dates of previous Subway employment, if applicable
- Legal availability to work in the U.S.
- Statement regarding whether you are at least 16 years old
- Type of job sought (part-time, full-time, seasonal, temporary)
- Statement of ability to meet requirements for attendance
- Date available to work
- Total hours available to work weekly
- Daily shift availability
- High school attended (name, city, state, course of study, years attended)
- College attended (name, city, state, course of study, years attended, degree earned if applicable)
- Training completed
- Employment history (at least two most recent employers)
- Company name
- Telephone number
- Job title
- Start date
- End date
- Starting salary or wage
- Ending salary or wage or current salary if still employed there
- Reason for leaving
- References (not family members)
- Full name
- Relationship (such as supervisor or coworker)
- Telephone number
- Years known
Corporate Subway Employment
Subway's corporate headquarters is located in Milford, CT. Open positions can be viewed on Subway's HQ Job Opportunities page. There are opportunities to work in a variety of back office operations positions at the corporate office, as well as in regional positions providing support to franchisees. You can search and apply online for corporate office jobs and regional positions.
Applying for a Job at Subway
Whether you're interested in working at Subway's corporate headquarters or in a store, the first thing you need to do is complete the application process. Once you've submitted your application, you will have taken the first step to seeking employment with this popular restaurant chain.